GCinemaCraft - Automatic Downloader and Updater

So I decided to finish a medium-sized personal project for once and made an simple automatic downloader/updater for both MultiMC and the GCinema Minecraft instance. (This description doesn't relates to the program anymore. :v)

This is Minecraft Launcher and Mod downloader made in c#. The original purpose for this program was to download the necessary files to play in the GCinema Minecraft Server, but now it does more than just that. You can set up other Launchers and Mods in the config file.

http:/ /i.imgur. com/RbhMeGe.png
rU4cYKw.png

Known Issues:

04f.gif

Changelog:

• v2.1 (05/25/2015)
    • Updated downloader to use delta updates instead
  • v2.0 (01/01/2015)
    • Interface:
      • Re-organized controls in GroupBoxes.
      • Added new Items GroupBox.
      • Added a Launcher ListBox inside the Items GroupBox. Each Launcher you add in the config file will appear in this list.
      • Added a Mod CheckBoxList inside the Items GroupBox. It is populated depending on the selected Launcher and the mods added for it in the config file.
      • Added new Operations GroupBox where you can control the operation you wish to execute.
      • Updated the About MessageBox (like always).
      • Updated the Instructions MessageBox to explain the new options.
      • Removed the Status Label and made the Console Label bigger.
      • Changed the form border type from Sizable to Fixed.
    • Code:
      • Added a method to terminate the main program in case a critical error occurs.
      • Added a method to make thread-safe calls to Form Controls.
      • Added more information strings for the Console Label when it's downloading a file.
      • Added a verification to avoid loading the stopwatch if the program isn't properly loaded.
      • Added a button relationship for the Items.Mod CheckBoxList and the Mod CheckBox.
      • Added a config parser for JQuery.
      • Added a special surprise for a certain someone who kept trolling me with address 0x0000888A.
      • Moved all config variables to a separate class to improve the way the program requests them.
      • Optimized recursive functions in the handlers so they don't loop through unmarked items.
      • Removed the System.XML library from the project.
      • Removed the Exited event from the file loading method since it's not needed anymore.
    • Other:
      • Changed the external configuration file from XML to JQuery (so Xera won't ever need to see that disgusting XML format again).
      • Renamed download and extraction folders.
      • Since the program has recieved multiple features lately and now supports other Launchers and Mods than just MultiMC and MineCinema I'm planning to release it as a general Minecraft tool. That said, it's possible the next update won't have the name GCinemaCraft nor the GCinema logo.
  • v1.2 (30/11/2014)
    • Fixed a typo in the code that lead to a critical error.
  • v1.1 (29/11/2014)
    • The download.php link now has the proper headers (thenks Coment). The requested file can now be downloaded and extracted without problems. The files will rise, the update button will last FOREVER (I hope...).
    • Moved the configurations to an external file. I recommend not to touch them unless it's REALLY necessary.
    • Fixed a critical error being thrown without closing the program afterwards.
    • The "Check for updates" button doesn't shows a fake message anymore.
    • Fixed some typos and changed some texts for better understanding.
    • Stole Added the new GCinema logo as the program icon.
    • Removed system32.
  • v1.0 (27/11/2014)
    • Initial release.

Download:
Current version: v2.1
Link: http://minecraft.xeras.in/GCinemaCraft.7z
(External download page since I can't upload files directly to the forum anymore :c)

Requirements:

• .NET Framework 4.5
  • Windows (No Linux version. Blame NetBeans not working on my PC for whatever reason.)
  • Internet connection... like seriously
  • Legit Minecraft. No bucaneers, sailors or any kind of sea dwellers
Edited by Xerasin

I seem to be hitting a 124 MB download limit on every version of the modpack I've tried (MineCinema0.0.39.zip, MineCinema0.0.38.zip, etc...).  Once it reaches 124 MB, the download stops.  This is on both the downloader and manually downloading the pack through the url so for some odd reason the webserver is capping downloads at the moment. 

Provided that the version format stays the same, you can do a check against the string of the filename by subsetting the version numbers out and converting them to integers.  Then you can do a check to see if the version is higher than the current one, and if so, download that file instead.  This way you don't have to hardcode the versions in.  Then again, that would mean you'd have to increment the current version number and do a check on the url to see if it has changed.  Would be easier if the PHP page had a proper header.

Yeah, I figured out that the file wasn't actually corrupted. I managed to download it completely with a program called Free Download Manager. I tried to upload it on my webhost but I'm hitting an upload cap so I'll mirror it on MediaFire later tonight. Also, I'm moving all the configs to an external XML file, so expect an update tonight too.

Also, I'm against doing a string comparison for the files since I would have to remake almost all the download section of the code. That's why I'm setting up a global config file, so that anyone can edit the download URL freely. It would work as a workaround but yeah, it would be better to download directly from the page.

Edited by Ratser

2.- Each time a new version of the MineCinema pack comes out the program doesn't downloads the latest version.

• Reason: I cannot code the program to download from http://gcinema.net/Minecraft/download.php since the PHP page does not have  a proper header, it's just a javascript redirect. Also, since the filename changes with each MineCinema version I cannot set a static url (e.g. www.gcinema.net/Minecraft/MineCinema.zip). Just wait for me to update the program, it should take no time at all.

boop

So I decided to finish a personal project for once and made an simple automatic downloader/updater for both MultiMC and the GCinema Minecraft mods.

RbhMeGe.png

Known Issues

1.- MineCinema.zip is not getting unzipped.

• Reason: The current file on http://gcinema.net/Minecraft/download.php (MineCinema0.0.39.zip) is corrupted, I tried to rebuild it in WinRar but the headers are completely broken. The file isn't broken, the forum seems to have a download cap as stated by Fezinaru. By using FreeDownloadManager I managed to download the complete file. I'll mirror it later tonight.

2.- Each time a new version of the MineCinema pack comes out the program doesn't downloads the latest version.

• Reason: I cannot code the program to download from http://gcinema.net/Minecraft/download.php since the PHP page does not have  a proper header, it's just a javascript redirect. Also, since the filename changes with each MineCinema version I cannot set a static url (e.g. www.gcinema.net/Minecraft/MineCinema.zip). Just wait for me to update the program, it should take no time at all.

Download:

Current version: v1.0

Link: http://download1076.mediafire.com/f8beyi03evcg/322p36lkjfzf16x/GCinemaCraft.rar

(External download page since I can't upload files directly to the forum anymore :c)

AFAIK, the fourms doesnt regulate downloads. it should just let you grab the file.

AFAIK, the fourms doesnt regulate downloads. it should just let you grab the file.

If it wasn't because of the PHP headers then I have no idea :v

After Coment fixed them, the next download attempts went smooth as a cat.

Now to wait until the server is back online... aaaaaany second.

Edited by Ratser

If it wasn't because of the PHP headers then I have no idea :v

After Coment fixed them, the next download attempts went smooth as a cat.

Now to wait until the server is back online... aaaaaany second.

oops seems I forgot to turn the server back on when I updated it last time :s

I don't think this should happen

lyG1A0O.png

That's a problem with MultiMC, not my program. It seems that Forge version is no longer available. Use the latest version (10.13.2.1277), it works perfectly for me.

What are your PC specs?

Intel 1000M (1.8 GHz, 2MB L3 cache)

Intel HD Graphics (128 MB)

4 GB DDR3

this is all i can remember now

note: my PC can run vanilla minecraft at max settings

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.