A Message From Equestrian Scientist

Hello all,

Not sure what this post is supposed to be, so I'm putting it in introductions for those that may or may not know me. I'm not the best at expressing what I mean in words, but I guess this is to organize my thoughts, meet somebody new, or share my experiences or somethin', I dunno.

For those that remember me, my username used to be Equestrian Scientist, or ES for short. 4 years ago (around today, not sure exactly when) I joined this server for the first time with an IRL friend over the summer in 2011. I was only like 12 at the time. The theater was empty that day, but my friend and I were impressed with the custom map and UIs, and all the cool player customizations we found on here. So I came back. I can say that was one of the best choices I've made in my life so far, and I'm glad I did. As I joined more and more, I began to see more people on here that would show up daily, so I became friends with them. I met the staff one by one, learning about the people in this awesome community that I wanted to be a part of. I look back at the screenshots I took on those days where the entire server would have fun doing the same thing for an entire day, like the mass pony suicides, spawning of props, or the pony cannons in the hallways, which are things I won't forget. I remember the graffiti walls of sprays people would make, some of the dumb overplayed videos my friends and I laughed at all the time, trying to get as many coins as possible, the addition of slots, and when new exciting things were added to the store. I remember the stories people would post on this forum about events their lives, the drama with Ponyliving, the people that have come and gone, and the people that stayed. All these memories, no matter how important, are things I'm grateful for experiencing.

Eventually I felt like I had a real family, a place where I belonged. I never fit in at school, and I didn't go to my blood-related family with any of my problems or for entertainment. For 3 years, I always came here, where people would care about me, and had things in common with me. After awhile, I was given the privilege to administrate/mod here for quite some time. Even though I wasn't the most useful of mods, I was grateful to have that opportunity, and that I could give back to the server that has given me so much. Working with and learning from my fellow staff were some of the best times I've had here as well. I have great memories with each and every person with the little friend icon I see on the scoreboard ingame, and a story with each and every person I talked to somewhat regularly. If there is one thing I regret about my time here is the time that I wasn't here. I regret leaving this place for so long. I gradually joined less and less because I felt myself thinking "I miss seeing x, I wish x was on, or I haven't seen x in forever" with more people. Weather that be coincidence that I was never on when they were, or that those people actually came on less and less, I don't know. I was anticipating seeing lots of people again with the project (I don't know if its been talked about outside the mod discussion boards), but I never heard about that being finished. I never announced I would leave Gcinema forever, and I never planned on that, but I just stopped returning almost a year ago.

Recently, for about the last year, I have found a new family. I got into twitch streaming and speedrunning. Everyday I spend time streaming myself, or watching my friends stream their favorite games, talking about things similar to how I used to in Gcinema. I don't regret meeting them, but it reminds me of my time here now that I think about it. I haven't spent nearly as much time on twitch, but its still meaningful to me now. Just as Gcinema still has meaning to me over all this time. I haven't replaced my Gcinema family, I'm now hoping that I can make some of my family merge from Twitch and Gcinema. I'm saying this just in case you wonder where I've been.

The last things I wanna mention is that even if you, the reader, remembers me, is upset that I left, doesn't care that I was ever gone, is happy to see that I still care about Gcinema, or doesn't even know who I am, I still love you. I love all of you for talking to me, doing all these wonderful things, creating this wonderful community I love being a part of, and for just being you. You are all amazing people and I want you all to continue to be amazing people, even when we all leave Gcinema one day. And if I haven't met you, it's nice to meet you, and I bet you're awesome. Now as for me, this is not a goodbye, as I actually plan on coming back here more. So much has changed since I left, and I wanna learn about it all. It's amazing that this server is still around, and how its changed so much over the past few years. I'm thankful for being a part of this community for so long, because there's no other thing in my life that I can say feels anything like it. <3

Thank you for reading this wall of text, and for caring.

With love,

~Equestrian Scientist / AmberKitten

I know we've never really talked in the past, but I would love to start seeing you around more. I remember seeing you around a lot when I use to jump between PL and Gcinema when I was just starting to get into the community quite a while ago. I hope to see you more often on the server Amber and feel free to que a stream on the cinema screen whenever you started one up again i'd love to watch it some time.

Edited by Snow Bro

Amburrr~

Things come up. You will always be a part of the family here.. You're a part of this community and we all miss you. ^-^

I'd love to see you around more though, even though we can always talk on Steam like we do :P

Currently I speedrun the 2004 PC Disc release for Sonic Adventure: DX. I don't do mic commentary, and since Twitch cuts sound from highlights with music, I can't really play music over it \: It looks kinda boring if you've seen the run before, but I would totally stream it on Gcinema if people would wanna watch it. :3

...Gotta go fast~

Currently I speedrun the 2004 PC Disc release for Sonic Adventure: DX. I don't do mic commentary, and since Twitch cuts sound from highlights with music, I can't really play music over it \: It looks kinda boring if you've seen the run before, but I would totally stream it on Gcinema if people would wanna watch it. :3

...Gotta go fast~

I do like Sonic, and haven't seen that game played before... well at least to my knowledge. Tho if I happen to be on when the stream goes down I'll stop in for sure~ 

Aww ES we allways love you and allways wll Gcinema will be here if your up or down.

we can stream your twitch and summergames done quick starts  tiomorow i think so yah i will be up for that he

Thank you all for the sweet comments, it really means a lot to me. You guys are wonderful people and you dabes~

And SGDQ starts on July 26th, not June sadly. Totes gonna be on to watch it with my family <3