I had a thought for a stuck vehicles fix

I've heard the vehicles get stuck in certain areas and have actually come across this problem myself where I was unable to exit my submarine and had to re-enter the server. However, after talking with Nae, I think we've come up with an idea for a fix: the allowance to exit vehicles in closed and tight spaces. The moment the vehicle is exited, the player would be insta-killed because the space is restricted, vehicles registered to them would all despawn, and the player would be force respawned. This would be a quick escape and a way to swiftly return the player's vehicles for their use and convenience.

Edited by Lumina Starlight

As Lumina is saying, the idea would be for, if a player is hopelessly trapped in a vehicle, they could use a chat command of some sort like "!cleanup" or something, which would despawn all spawner items the player has and (to prevent map exploits and assure safe relocation) force a respawn of the player.

Another possibility is perhaps just adding a mass-despawn of any items/vehicles a player has spawned into the (aowl) !spawn command by default ~ which would not only be intuitive for players (no extra commands) but also be a quick and simple way to clean up whatever one has spawned across the map (for whatever reason).

Edited by Nae Gevurah

So !spawn didn't work?

nope, once you get stuck in a vehicle, the only way to get out is if you do !retry or someone comes to rescue you also, is possible to get stuck in a xmv vehicle (don't need to be the owner), so in that case, if a player (that's not the owner) is inside a xmv vehicle for some time (let's say 1 minute), the server could despawn the vehicle automatically (without needing an adm online to remove the vehicle)

So !spawn didn't work?

In my experience, !spawn will relocate your camera (for a moment) and (in console) kill will show what seems to be you dying (camera flops down), but what seems to be the unchanging result is neither actually disconnect you from the vehicle.

spawn a spawn to spawn

Edited by Nae Gevurah
spawning

Getting a fix for this would be indeed nice. I've managed to get stuck under seats with helicopter (even though I was patient enough to get myself unstuck), and it definitely takes a lot of time just to get back up on my feet... Or hooves... So, yay! I hope something like this gets added. ^.^

why cant we just have map exploits back ?

why can't garry revert back to gmod 9 and remove all the fixes he had made :/ sorry for the sass but I prefer to fix exploits when I know of them.... or convert them into a normal feature... like the roofs now getting proper textures instead of nodraw, because I can't stop people from going up there.

I'll make a respawn call XMVExitVehicle when I get home :V

why cant we just have map exploits back ?

because I don't want people getting stuck in the roof of the vents

but its easy enough to be free with suicide :o

but its easy enough to be free with suicide :o

see reason below ;; because if we are going to do it... might as well do it right.