Sooo my PC keeps randomly restarting now...

Keep getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

and what's I've found on it the only three possibilities are that its a

corrupt driver 

broken cpu

or broken motherboard

already reinstalled all the drivers and still get it :(

so is there any way to tell if it's the mother board or the cpu

if its board I'll try not spending money for next 2-10 years and buy all custom parts 

if it's cpu I might consider getting it replaced maybe

either way will be a long time

before I can play on the theatre again :c

4 hours ago, Aleks-Senpai said:

How old is the hardware in your PC?

What is the build you are using?

No idea how old the parts are it was a pre built display model running best buys screen wall at the time 

I've personally owned it for 2-3 years now 

build model ?

12 minutes ago, Ratser said:

Steps for finding the cause:

1) chkdsk

2) Speccy or AIDA64: Check your temps

3) Windows Memory Management

4) Reinstall drivers

5) Clear CMOS

6) memtest86

It will reboot before even giving me a chance to attempt downloading these

See if safe mode is stable enough to not crash. If it is, then try Safe Mode with Networking to download/unzip the tools.

Definitely exhaust all other possibilities before resorting to hardware changes.

I had a different crash issue and it turned out to be improperly cleared partition tables.

11 hours ago, Nae Gevurah said:

See if safe mode is stable enough to not crash. If it is, then try Safe Mode with Networking to download/unzip the tools.

Definitely exhaust all other possibilities before resorting to hardware changes.

I had a different crash issue and it turned out to be improperly cleared partition tables.

If this is the same computer you had before you installed windows 10 I think nae nailed it with partition tables.

What happened with my computer was this:

1. I had built a computer with all brand new parts. I lacked an extra Sata cable for my optical drive so I used my external USB BD/DVD/CD burner/reader to install Windows 7 Professional.

2. Over time I kept getting BSOD's that would increase in frequency until it'd crash on boot practically.

3. Checked all my hardware for loose wires, reseated cables, even replaced my SSD to no avail.

4. Kept happening on subsequent OS reinstalls. One attempt was using my HDD alone, and subsequently which drive had the boot manager got screwed up @_@ and was hard to fix.

5. Suspected something wrong with the external optical drive during Windows installation so I got an extra Sata cable to finally install windows via my new internal optical drive.

6. BSOD's gone and as well as these weird application freezes when they'd try to write data to either of my drives also were gone, but, now windows would "fail to start".

7. Did one last Windows reinstall but I cleared the partition tables not with the Windows installer graphical tool (list of drives, buttons for Format and Clear for partitions, etc).

What I did to clear them was actually via the command-line tool diskpart. It went like this:

First I backed up any important data on an external drive prior to all this!

I booted the computer to the Windows install disc.

On the first screen (language selection) I pressed Ctrl+F10 to get a command prompt.

Commands:

diskpart

list disk

select disk (number)

clean

(repeated for all disks that I wanted to clear)

exit

I did the select and clean commands for both my disks (SSD is my boot drive and the HDD is for games mostly).

After those commands, I closed the command prompt and installed Windows to my preferred drive.

I can't guarantee this'll work for you but it did for my problem.

Edited by Nae Gevurah

11 minutes ago, Nae Gevurah said:

What happened with my computer was this:

1. I had built a computer with all brand new parts. I lacked an extra Sata cable for my optical drive so I used my external USB BD/DVD/CD burner/reader to install Windows 7 Professional.

2. Over time I kept getting BSOD's that would increase in frequency until it'd crash on boot practically.

3. Checked all my hardware for loose wires, reseated cables, even replaced my SSD to no avail.

4. Kept happening on subsequent OS reinstalls. One attempt was using my HDD alone, and subsequently which drive had the boot manager got screwed up @_@ and was hard to fix.

5. Suspected something wrong with the external optical drive during Windows installation so I got an extra Sata cable to finally install windows via my new internal optical drive.

6. BSOD's gone and as well as these weird application freezes when they'd try to write data to either of my drives also were gone, but, now windows would "fail to start".

7. Did one last Windows reinstall but I cleared the partition tables not with the Windows installer graphical tool (list of drives, buttons for Format and Clear for partitions, etc).

What I did to clear them was actually via the command-line tool diskpart. It went like this:

First I backed up any important data on an external drive prior to all this!

I booted the computer to the Windows install disc.

On the first screen (language selection) I pressed Ctrl+F10 to get a command prompt.

Commands:

diskpart

list disk

select disk (number)

clean

(repeated for all disks that I wanted to clear)

exit

I did the select and clean commands for both my disks (SSD is my boot drive and the HDD is for games mostly).

After those commands, I closed the command prompt and installed Windows to my preferred drive.

I can't guarantee this'll work for you but it did for my problem.

I might have to try this, as my windows 7 has been doing some weird things and it could be due to a faulty format or wipe of my partitions. (I used the windows boot disc to format my SSD.)