Sign in to follow this  

Boat Deathmatch - 5v5 capsizing game in VIP pool?

Want?  

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey guys. Not sure this will be developed considering its potential complexity but it's worth a shot to gauge its interest, because I think it would make GCinema more fun.

My suggestion is a 5v5 competitive sub-gamemode in the VIP pool using the boats from Katie's mini vehicles. The objective is for either team to successfully capsize all boats of the other team, to win a round. 30 rounds maximum. The first team to 16 rounds wins, and will be given an amount of coins as a reward. The losing team earns nothing.

For the following reasons, I think this would make for an interesting twist on what's normally a Cinema server:

• The boats can be tipped over by two players crashing into each other.
  • When they're tipped over, the propeller is disabled and the player cannot move, due to a point on the boat that detects contact with water. This provides a per-player losing condition, and potentially a means to attribute kills to the attacking player.
  • The stairs on both sides of the pool are perfect for the spawn points of both teams.

However, as interesting as this might seem (it does to me anyway), there are several challenges I can think of off the top of my head:

• A scoreboard must be implemented, or a different mode of the default GCinema scoreboard, to show game stats including kills, deaths, and assists.
  • To expand on that, there is the challenge of how to track kills and assists.
    • Perhaps the last and second to last player that touched the opponent's boat before said opponent capsized, gets the kill and assist score respectively.
      • This requires some form of collision detection between boats owned by two or three players.
  • There is a challenge as to how non-VIPs would be able to play, considering it's a VIP-only area.
    • Don't let non-VIPs play.
    • Let non-VIPs play, but they must pay a coin fee to gain VIP for the duration of the game.
    • Disable this check for any participating players for the duration of the game; no coin fee.
  • There is also a challenge as to how those who haven't donated to Katie would be able to use the boats. Perhaps a one-time usage of the boat for the duration of the game only.
  • There is a challenge as to how to handle respawning of the boats and their drivers after the conclusion of a round.
  • A wall would have to be created around the perimeter of the pool for the duration of the game to prevent griefing of non-participants.

I'm curious to hear your thoughts. Hopefully this isn't over-the-top :3